(NOTE) This page is NOT for ordering confections, but only to share a recipe.
For Matcha Roll Cake, we highly recommend using our House Matcha and Matcha Culinary.
How to make Matcha Roll Cake ---
For 1 cake (size: 30cm x 30cm roll pan)
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
75g cake flour
3 teaspoons (6g) Matcha
2 tablespoons hot milk
150ml heavy cream
1 teaspoon Matcha
1 tablespoon sugar
Sift flour and Matcha together 2 times.
Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
Line the roll pan with wax paper.
(How to make)
This recipe makes about 6 slices of Matcha Roll Cake
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Cover the bottom of the bowl with hot water until the dough becomes about the same temperature as the human body – approximately 37C (98F).
- Remove the bowl from the hot water and continue beating for 3 to 5 minutes until small stiff peaks form in the dough.
- Add the flour and Matcha mixture by lightly sprinkling it into the bowl, then fold it into the dough with a rubber spatula.
- Add hot milk and fold again with the rubber spatula. (Don't mix too much!)
- Pour into the roll pan and tap it on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake at 200C (400F) for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- After the cake has completely cooled, remove the wax paper from the cake.
- To make the filling: in a large bowl beat heavy cream and sugar with an electric mixer until it is stiff. Then add the Matcha and mix well.
- Spread the Matcha whipped cream on a roll cake and roll.
- Wrap the cake in wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for more than 30 minutes.