(For Iced Genmaicha, we highly recommend "Genmaicha", "Genmaicha Matcha-iri", Organic Genmaicha Matcha-iri", and Teabag Genmaicha Matcha-iri." You can order "Genmaicha Matcha-iri" by clicking the In Cart button below.)
(NOTE) This page is NOT for order page, but only to share a recipe.
For Iced Genmaicha, we highly recommend using our Genmaicha, Genmaicha Matcha-iri, Organic Genmaicha Matcha-iri and Teabag Genmaicha Matcha-iri.
Iced Genmaicha has a rich, nutty aroma of roasted and puffed brown rice, and the refreshing flavor of Sencha. The balanced flavor of Iced Genmaicha will enhance your green moment in summer. You can brew Iced Genmaicha with all our Genmaicha teas: Genmaicha, Genmaicha Matcha-iri, Organic Genmaicha Matcha-iri, and Teabag Genmaicha Matcha-iri. If you brew Iced Genmaicha with Genmaicha Matcha-iri, the flavor becomes even more balanced, well-rounded and nutritious, and the color is a fresh shade of green due to the addition of Matcha.
(How to make Iced Genmaicha)
(1) Brewing by cool water
You can enjoy the smooth and mellow taste of Genmaicha without any bitter notes because Caffeine is not extracted in cold water. The flavor is more mellow than tea brewed in hot water and then cooled over ice.
- Place 7 to 10g (1.5 to 2 tablespoons) of Genmaicha or Genmaicha Matcha-iri tea leaves into the teapot (or large size Kyusu).
- Pour 500 to 1000ml (17.6 to 35.2fl oz) of cool water into the teapot (or large size Kyusu) and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 6 hours.
- In order to equalize the taste of the tea, shake the Kyusu horizontally before pouring the tea into each glass.
(2) Brewing by hot water once and cooling quickly
This brewing method creates a stronger flavor and refreshing, astringent aroma than tea brewed by cool water.
Also, this method is ideal for those who wish to enjoy the healthful benefits of Catechin contained in Sencha.
The crackling "Pachi Pachi" sounds when hot tea is poured over ice creates a cool and relaxing atmosphere in summer.
- Place 7 to 8g (1.5 tablespoons) of Genmaicha or Genmaicha Matcha-iri tea leaves into the Kyusu (teapot).
- Pour 200ml (7.04fl oz) of 176F (80C) temperature of water into the Kyusu.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes. You'll want to brew the tea quite strongly because later the thawed ice will weaken the flavor.
- Pour tea from the Kyusu into each glass filled with pieces of ice to cool the tea quickly. Pour alternately little by little, so that the quantity and taste of the tea is equal in each glass.