(NOTE) This page is NOT for ordering confections, but only to share a recipe.
For Houjicha cookie, we highly recommend using our Houjicha and Tea bag Houjicha.
How to make Houjicha cookie ---
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
Pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
150g all purpose flower
(3 tea bags of Houjicha)
into very small pieces
- Shift or mixed the flour 2 times.
- Blend the butter until smooth. *
- Add the sugar, pinch of salt and blend until pale and fluffy*
- Add the egg yolk and mix well*
- Add the flour and Houjcha and stir lightly with a rubber spatula.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Form into two rolls on waxed paper and chill overnight in the freezer.
- Cut 5mm and bake on a cookie sheet in the preheated oven at 180C(356F)for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet to cooling rack and let it cool.
*It is best to use an electric blender when mixing these ingredients.
You can also make this recipe with a food processor. It's faster and easier!
- Put Houjicha into food processor, and mix for 10 seconds.
- Put flour, sugar, and salt into food processor, and mix for 5 seconds.
- Add butter (cut into 2cm (1.5inch) cubes – it doesn't need to be softened) and mix for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add egg yolk and mix for 10 to 15 more seconds.
- Please continue the recipe above at step 6.
Note: Be sure to scrape the ingredients that splashed up on the inside of the food processor and mix into the dough, so that you won't loose any important ingredients!
This recipe makes about 50 Houjicha Cookies