(NOTE) This page is NOT for ordering confections, but only to share a recipe.
For Houjicha Pudding, we highly recommend using our Houjicha and Tea bag Houjicha.
How to make Houjicha Pudding ---
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of condensed milk (or 2-3 tablespoons of sugar will do)
(3 tea bags of Houjicha)
- Preheat the oven to 160C(320F) .
- In a small saucepan steam the milk, remove from the heat and add Houjicha. Cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and condensed milk, stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
- Crack 2 eggs in an empty bowl and mix, gradually adding the milk through a tea strainer and mix them.
- Pour through a sieve or strainer twice to remove any lumps
- Pour into 6 pudding cups or ramekins.
- Place cups in a roasting pan.
- Fill the pan partially with hot water. The water should cover the bottom half of the cups. Be careful not to splash water into the cups!
- Bake the pudding for 20 to 30 minutes at 160C(320F) .
- Put caramel sauce on the top if you like.
Chill and serve!
(How to make caramel sauce)
This recipe makes 6 servings of Houjicha Pudding.
- Put 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar melts and turns brown. Remove from the heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of HOT water.
- Be careful! The caramel sauce is very hot and splashes easily!