(NOTE) This page is NOT for ordering confections, but only to share a recipe. Please be sure not to order wrongly.
For Matcha Cheesecake , we highly recommend using our House Matcha. You can order House Matcha by clicking the In Cart button below.
How to make Matcha Cheesecake ---
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
100g graham crackers
50g butter (melted)
1 tablespoon of milk
250g cream cheese
200g sour cream
2 tablespoons of cake flour
200ml heavy cream
4 tablespoons of Matcha
4 tablespoons of hot water
- Make the crust:
Place the graham crackers in a plastic bag and break into crumbs. In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and milk. Press into the bottom of a cake mold using the back of a spoon.
- Make the filling:
Preheat the oven to 180C (356F) .
- Make the Matcha: first sift Matcha with a tea strainer, put into a bowl, add 4 tablespoons hot water and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend the sour cream and then mix in the eggs. Mix in the flour and heavy cream until smooth. Add the Matcha and mix well.*
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust though a strainer.
- Bake in the oven at 180C (356F) for 30 minutes and then bake at 160C(320F) for an additional 30 minutes.
- Chill overnight.
*It is best to use an electric blender when mixing these ingredients.
You can also make this recipe with a food processor. It's faster and easier!
- Put the graham crackers into a food processor and mix until they break into crumbs. Add melted butter and milk, then mix well. Press into the bottom of a cake mold using the back of a spoon.
- Put cream cheese and sugar into the food processor and mix.
- Add sour cream until smooth, then add the eggs, flour, heavy cream and Matcha . Mix well after adding each ingredient.
Please continue the recipe above at step 5.
Note: Be sure to scrape the ingredients that splashed up on the inside of the food processor and mix into the dough, so that you won't loose any important ingredients!
This recipe makes one 20 cm diameter Matcha
Matcha NY Cheesecake
If you prefer a more smooth and creamy cheesecake, follow the instructions below...
Cover and seal the bottom of the cake mold with aluminum foil to ensure that no hot water will seep in and make your cheesecake soggy!
Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan.
Fill the pan partially with hot water. The water should cover the bottom of the cake mold.
Be careful not to splash water onto the cheesecake!
Bake at 180C(356F) for 30 minutes and then bake at 160C(320F) for an additional 30 minutes.
Matcha Marble Cheesecake
Follow the recipe above from steps 1 to 3
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend the sour cream and then mix in the eggs. Mix in the flour and heavy cream until smooth.
- Pour into another bowl though a strainer.
- Place about 100ml of the dough in a separate bowl. Add the Matcha and mix well.
- Add the Matcha dough to the plain dough and swirl gently with a spatula to create a marble effect.
- Bake in the oven at 180C(356F) for 30 minutes and then bake at 160C(320F) for an additional 30 minutes.
- Chill overnight.