(NOTE) This page is NOT for ordering confections, but only to share a recipe. Please be sure not to order wrongly.
For Matcha Snow Balls , we highly recommend using our House Matcha. You can order House Matcha by clicking the In Cart button below.
How to make Matcha Snow Balls ---
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
130g cake flour
40g powdered almond
1 tablespoon Matcha
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Sift or mix the flour and powdered almond together.
- Blend the butter until smooth.*
- Add the sugar and a pinch of salt and blend until pale and fluffy.*
- Add the egg yolk and mix well.*
- Add the flour and powdered almond and stir lightly with a rubber spatula.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Make 1cm (1inch) balls by hand or with a spoon.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the preheated oven at 180C(356F)for 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet to cooling rack and let it cool.
- Mix Matcha and powdered sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the cookies through the tea strainer. Or put Matcha and powdered sugar into a plastic bag, add the cookies and shake gently.
*It is best to use an electric blender when mixing these ingredients.
You can also make this recipe with a food processor. It's faster and easier!
- Put flour, powdered almond, sugar, and salt into food processor, and mix for 5 seconds.
- Add butter (cut into 2cm (1.5inch) cubes – it doesn't need to be softened) and mix for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add egg and mix for 10 to 15 more seconds.
Please continue the recipe above at step 6.
Note: Be sure to scrape the ingredients that splashed up on the inside of the food processor and mix into the dough, so that you won't loose any important ingredients!
This recipe makes 50 Matcha Snow Balls
FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING on all orders of US$36.00 or more.
Cost of Shipping