(NOTE) This page is NOT for ordering confections, but only to share a recipe.
For Matcha Ice Cream, we highly recommend using our House Matcha and Matcha Culinary.
How to make Matcha Ice Cream ---
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
200ml heavy cream
4 large egg yolks
5 tablespoons of Matcha
100ml boiled water
- First, sift the Matcha 2 times with a tea strainer. Put into a large bowl, add boiled water and mix well; then set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and heavy cream in a large saucepan.
- Gradually whisk hot cream into the yolk mixture, then return the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickness and coats the back of a spoon (do not let it boil).
- Gradually whisk hot cream into the Matcha bowl. Strain though a sieve into a large bowl. Let it cool.
- Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacture's directions.
*If you don't have an ice cream maker, don't worry. With a food processor, you can still make Matcha Ice Cream
Follow the above directions until you finish step 5.
6. Put the mixture into a shallow, flat Tupperware container or any plastic container with a lid. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
7. Place the frozen block of ice cream on the cutting board, cut into 2cm (1.5 inch) cubes. Put into a food processor, mix until it becomes smooth like a creamy milk shake.
8. Return to a Tupperware container and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 two more times until you have a thick and perfect Matcha Ice Cream!
This recipe makes 10 servings of Matcha Ice Cream