For the HOHRYU Kyusu Tea Set, we pair our most popular, reasonable, and smartly designed handcrafted Kyusu teapot and Yunomi teacups. Of course, this tea set is suitable both as a first tea set for beginner or for the tea connoisseur.
If you are new to Japanese tea like Gyokuro, Sencha, Houjicha, Genmaicha and so on, you might wonder what type of tea ware you need to brew Japanese tea. To enjoy each type of Japanese Tea, Gyokuro, Sencha, Houjicha, Genmaicha, and so on with full flavor, it is best to correctly use the proper tea ware meeting important specifications.
Following are examples of our standard specifications to brew all kinds of Japanese tea flavorfully, correctly, and conveniently.
- It should always have a fine filter fixed at spout NOT removable basket filter to brew all kinds of Japanese tea, all grades of tea, and for any number of persons.
- It should have a wide opening to enable the easy disposal of used tea leaves.
- Traditional side handle makes tea easy to pour.
- It is better for the teacup to be thin to enjoy the excellent and subtle flavor of high grade Japanese tea.
- If the inside is white, you can appreciate the unique color of each different variety of Japanese tea.
- The ideal size is 90ml to 160ml (3.2fl oz to 5.6fl oz).
You also can match this tea set with SHOHRYU Yuzamashi or KATAKUCHI Yuzamashi. If you would like either Yuzamashi, would you order it together?
With this tea set, you can enjoy an authentic and flavorful cup of genuine Japanese tea!
Free shipping on all tea ware items!