Sarah Longo (United States)
This is so easy to make and tastes great. I had not realized it had a lovely name and recipe here on the site. Also, I LOVE Matcha combined with chocolate to enrich and deepen the individual flavors resulting in a more layered and complex delicious taste. I had HIBIKI-AN'S Matcha Super Premium to nearly anything I think will work- I try it once at least!
*My versions of this were made with yummy and warm Matcha Super Premium drizzled over the following dessert ideas, individually or combined-
1. Chocolate Ice Cream
2. Chocolate Cake
3. Red Velvet Cake
4. Neopolitan Ice Cream (The combined Vanilla, Strawberry, & Chocolate Ice Cream Flavors)
5. Banana Split Ice Cream
6. Strawberry Ice Cream
7. Fudge Brownie (Or Brownie of your choice: Walnut, Marble, etc.)
You can try each dessert idea alone, or place a scoop of your desired ice cream over your desired cake, then drizzle the Matcha over that.
**Also try topping with various fruits, berries, & anything else you imagine or wish to compliment your cake and/or ice cream choice such as-
1. Sliced Bananas (With Banana Split Ice Cream)
2. Strawberries (Go well with Strawberry &/or Neopolitan Ice Cream as well as ANYthing Chocolate: Cake &/ Ice Cream as well as Red Velvet Cake)
3. Raspberries (Go well sprinkled over any of the Chocolate: Cake &/or Ice Cream)
4. Chocolate Chips (Usually go well with a lot of things! )
5. Crushed Walnuts, etc.
***For SUPER CHOCOLATE BLASTS- Prepare your Matcha "dessert sauce" using the Hot Cocoa/Chocolate Matcha Recipe.
1. Chocolate x 2 = Drizzle HotChocolate Matcha over Chocolate Ice Cream!
2. Chocolate x 3 = Place a scoop of Chocolate Ice Cream on top of a piece of Chocolate Cake or Brownie, drizzle HotChocolate Matcha over Chocolate Ice Cream! (If you like Walnuts, Almonds, etc. in your Brownies sprinkle Crushed Nuts of your choice! )
3. Chocolate x 4 = Place a scoop of Chocolate Ice Cream on top of a piece of Chocolate Cake or Brownie, drizzle HotChocolate Matcha over Chocolate Ice Cream, & top by sprinkling with Chocolate Chips! (If you like Walnuts, Almonds, etc. in your Brownies sprinkle some additional Crushed Nuts of your choice along with the Chocolate Chips!)
I Hope these recipe ideas for a Hot Matcha Dessert Sauce drizzled over Ice Cream did not wander too far off topic.
- Very bad...
- Very bad...
5 of 5 Stars!
||August 04, 2013
Reviews Posted by this Author: 123