For Matcha Marble Cake, we highly recommend using our House Matcha. You can order House Matcha by clicking the In Cart button below.
How to make Matcha Marble Pound Cake ---
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
120g cake flour
60g powdered almond
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 table spoons Matcha
2 table spoons boiled water
Oiled and floured 5 x 7 x 20 cm rectangular cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (356 F).
- Add Matcha to 4 tablespoons boiled water. Gently whisk together.
- Sift or mix the flour, powdered almond, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter until smooth.*
- Add the sugar and blend until pale and fluffy.*
- Add the eggs gradually and mix well.*
- Add the flour mixture and stir lightly with a spatula, just long enough to make the dough smooth.
- Place 1/3 of the dough into a separate bowl. Add Matcha, and mix well.
- Add the Matcha dough into the plain dough and swirl gently with spatula to create a marble effect.
- Pour mixture into cake pan. Gently tap pan on countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until center is no longer moist. (Use a toothpick to check.)
- Remove cake from oven and set it out to cool.
* It is best to use an electric blender when mixing these ingredients.
This recipe makes one 5 x 7 x 20 cm Matcha Marble Pound Cake
FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING on all orders of US$36.00 or more.
Cost of Shipping