(NOTE) This page is NOT for ordering confections, but only to share a recipe. Please be sure not to order wrongly.
For Matcha Ice Cream, we highly recommend using our House Matcha. You can order House Matcha by clicking the In Cart button below.
How to make Matcha Ice Cream ---
Ingredients: (measurements help, click here)
200ml heavy cream
4 large egg yolks
5 tablespoons of Matcha
100ml boiled water
- First, sift the Matcha 2 times with a tea strainer. Put into a large bowl, add boiled water and mix well; then set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and heavy cream in a large saucepan.
- Gradually whisk hot cream into the yolk mixture, then return the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickness and coats the back of a spoon (do not let it boil).
- Gradually whisk hot cream into the Matcha bowl. Strain though a sieve into a large bowl. Let it cool.
- Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacture's directions.
*If you don't have an ice cream maker, don't worry. With a food processor, you can still make Matcha Ice Cream
Follow the above directions until you finish step 5.
6. Put the mixture into a shallow, flat Tupperware container or any plastic container with a lid. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
7. Place the frozen block of ice cream on the cutting board, cut into 2cm (1.5 inch) cubes. Put into a food processor, mix until it becomes smooth like a creamy milk shake.
8. Return to a Tupperware container and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 two more times until you have a thick and perfect Matcha Ice Cream!
This recipe makes 10 servings of Matcha Ice Cream
FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING on all orders of US$36.00 or more.
Cost of Shipping