Brewing - Sencha
- Sencha or Sencha Karigane (2cups)
- Tea leaves: 1 1/2 tablespoons (7 - 8g)
- Water temperature: 176F (80C)
- Amount of water: 200ml (7.04fl oz)
- Waiting time: 1min.
- Sencha's best features are its refreshing yet mellow aroma, and balance of sweet and bitter taste. It's better to brew Sencha with 176F (80C) water so that the refreshing aroma and the mildly bitter taste of Catechin and Caffeine are enhanced. If Sencha is brewed for too long, it may become a little too bitter. Brewed with a lower water temperature such as 167F (75C), the flavor will become more mellow and less brisk. Please try the different brewing times and temperatures to find the one you prefer.